Build a strong foundation for Canadian manufacturing sector for long-term sustainability
A recent report released by Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters in June 2020 said the global pandemic, Covid-19, has urged all industry leaders to rethink & reinvent in innovation & capabilities to reshape Canadian economic landscape & future growth in coming years.
As a response to a global crisis and a future prosperity, the strategies outlined in “Manufacturing Our Future” is a starting point and a framework for manufacturers & exporters to build a strong foundation, drive Canadian economy with innovation, resilience.
A three-phase strategy for Canadian manufacturing for long-term prosperity
“Manufacturing our Future”, a strategy booklet, highlights three phases needed for Canadian manufacturers to strive and thrive strongly in the post-Covid-19.
PHASE 1: RESPOND
- Leverage the government wage subsidy and the commercial rent subsidy as well as local & provincial support programs.
- Adopt a fast process for companies who were unable to access relief programs.
- Stimulate consumer spending through national campaigns such as “Cash for Clunkers” & tax credit programs as well as a three-month sales tax holiday.
PHASE 2: RECOVER
- Build and accelerate a “Made-in-Canada” campaign to boost sales of local-made goods, not only at home but also abroad.
- Raise infrastructure spending and take opportunities of government procurement based on total economic value to Canada, not only price competition.
- Motivate business investment by investment support programs and grant funding.
PHASE 3: PROSPER
- Improve Canada’s global ranking in investment competitiveness by reducing the cost of doing business.
- Deploy a development strategy with extra added values on natural resources.
- Enhance the development, production, and commercialization of new health care technologies through procurement.
- Adjust policies that support SME exporting activities in international markets.
- Develop a full map of Canadian manufacturing capabilities.
- Strengthen North American manufacturing industries by implementing Canada – United States – Mexico Agreement (CUSMA) in July 1st, 2020.
Warehouse Transport Group
We at Warehouse Transport Group specialize in 3PL logistics across North America, and we are very pleased to help manufacturers & exporters to move goods in local & global markets at competitive rates with a great deal of market expertise.
Visit us at https://www.warehousetransport.ca or call us at +1 (519) 219-0390.